The time of making arguments that we are headed for violent chaos unseen in two-hundred and fifty years has passed, for me. If a person uses the discernment that God gifted us with, looks around, observes the trends, and tests the spirit of discontent in the air it is obvious. I have made the argument, in a serious way, that this day was coming since 2018. At this point, one either sees the world as it is, or they are still intent in arguing that is is just a moment.
None of This is About Politics
It is hard for most people to divorce what is occurring right now from politics. Some, probably all politicians and both parties are certainly 'playing politics' with all the events, that is true. However, at the core of all of this, it is not politics. It is not the old, and probably now irrelevant, divide between 'right' and 'left'. The chaos brewing is something else entirely.
There is a significant point to consider.
The democratic party as a whole has ignored the observable and provable truth related to the riots, looting, murder, and violence. Only very recently has Biden said anything related to stopping the violence. In a very real and tangible way, the violent agitators have become the paramilitary wing of the Democratic party. The problem is, much like Northern Ireland in the 1980s, the political wing is not always able to control the paramilitary wing. The democrats have enabled and unleashed something terrible they cannot control.
You may hate Trump and think his style is abrasive. You may even disagree with his policies. But he is essentially the only hope to restore order right now. I know, I get it, he will force vaccines on us and if he puts down this insurrection and gets the economy going he will be a hero and can do just about anything we might otherwise not tolerate. it could all be a plan, a big trojan horse.
When faced with a Sophie's Choice, one can only choose the path that has a chance of leading to the most moral solution. Stopping the violence and restoring order is more moral than anything else on the table right now, it is more important morally than all other issues. That is simple and all real Christians know that.
How Will This Play Out
It is impossible to tell, nobody can predict the future. Black Swan events can change everything. Here is a pretty good guess, based upon what we see and perhaps comparing that to the history of 1930s Spain, 1917 Russia and a little bit of 1790s France.
Biden Wins the Election
This assumes there is no 'big surprise' that replaces Biden as the candidate prior to the election; although that may not really make a difference in the outcome. As mentioned, it appears the Democratic party is not fully in charge of the paramilitary agitators. It is also pretty clear that within ANTIFA and BLM there is a lot of internal conflicts. You can watch the live streams of them physically fighting each other at times. The agitators themselves have very little that cements them together other than being "against" everything. That is not the sort of glue that works well once you win, simply look at the Republicans in Spain and the Revolutionaries in France to see what I mean. When diverse and loosely aligned movements take power the expectation of each sect to get their ideas expressed is great. Often there is conflict. Generally, there is a lot of turning on each other and more violence as the movement eats its own and becomes increasingly radical until one sect dominates. Neither Biden nor Harris will be able to control all of those passions, the best they can do is coddle them. You will see a sort of anarcho-tyranny of the sort we have witnessed in Portland for the last 90 days where the government sits to the side and allows lawlessness to reign but punishes ordinary citizens for violating mundane laws.
It is not about politics, but nothing good comes from a Democratic victory. That party has openly supported the violence and called it peaceful. The democrats will not bring peace, they cannot control the monster they have unleashed.
It is predictable that a Trump election will see an increase in rioting and violence. The agitators will have nothing left to hope for other than total revolution. Some fear this and think the coddling method of the Democrats is the more moral option. That merely prolongs the chaos and likely cause more death and suffering. A Trump election forces all of the evil to come to the surface. It enables the Federal government to use all the resources that have not yet been employed. The trail of money and how all of these mobs are financed can be traced and people arrested for domestic terrorism. Dry up the money and much of the crowd goes away.
I get the objections. I understand the naivety of those that do not understand how deeply embedded the ideological fire is on the street. It is easy to think it is just protest. That is a flawed view, many in those groups are ideological warriors. None of this goes away until the organizations, the structure, leadership, and money are eradicated. That and some program that refocuses us all toward something else other than hate and division. The last part is hard, but you have to stop the violence and crush the movement before you can get to phase two.
I also get the argument that Trump will become a dictator fighting all of this. Those sorts of things do happen historically. That is a battle we fight when and if that happens. However, remember, Spain was far better under Franco for 25 years than the Communist dystopia the 'Republicans' and Anarchist tried to enact. (controversial but true! I am not calling for a Franco, we will fight that, but this violence has to stop, it is immoral).
If all of that is painful. If you still think you are going to not vote or vote third party because you are cool and want to be in the middle or worse, if you think a morally-minded Christian that reads the entire Bible can vote Democratic this fall, we will forever disagree. I cannot and will not try to convince you further. Look around on my site here, I spent a lot of time making the argument that progressivism was going to lead to debauchery, immorality, death, and suffering.
We have to vote this November, and people of goodwill, real Christians have to vote for Trump. We can push for all of the love thy neighbor stuff after we get to a point where our neighbors are not dying and suffering. 2020 has been more devastating to all people, and minorities in particular, than anything people are supposedly protesting and rioting about.
Don't Get Too Wrapped Up
None of this is about politics. Politics merely determines how this is resolved, how long it takes, and how much death and destruction ensue. The ideological spirit that runs through all of this chaos is with us. Only a real revival, only a movement of and by God can truly change this. The chaos can be suppressed, the violence reduced but the bad ideology that rejects truth at the core of all of this is with us. The best we can hope for, without divine intervention, is space and time - a break from all of this that perhaps gives us time to become a better society.
So don't get too wrapped up in hope related to a political solution. Real action has to happen right now in our hearts, homes, and communities. Hopefully, the very last of those that completely disagree with my worldview stopped reading above. The following is for people that see the world as it is. Christians that use common-sense and discernment and apply the full narrative of the Bible to understand the world are our only hope. The following recommendations are for you.
What You Need to Do Right Now
- Move your investments out of stocks, particularly Twitter, Google, Facebook, and news and media companies. A full-throated insurrection will crash the market. A counter-reaction to the insurrection is likely to find all the media companies in deep civil and criminal trouble. (time it right, leverage this bubble as long as you can for profits but don't get caught when it drops soon)
- Obviously, buy a gun. Not just a gun, but, within your capability level, a pistol and a battle rifle or a personal defense carbine. PRACTICE, not just at the range but at home, handling it, clearing it, drawing it. Carry it on your person and make it an extension of your reactions.
- Standardize ammunition, this is not the time to buy cool guns in different calibers, Lockdown to the items you can carry and use, and then buy the ammunition for those guns. If you are late to the game, this is more expensive and harder to do. It is ok to settle for range ammunition if that is all you can get.
- Don't think you cannot afford body armor or that you do not need it. If you do not want to spend a lot of money buy this plate carrier and place these plates in it (Just under $200 for rifle level protection). I am not suggesting you go out and fight. Just have it on hand - because. If you want concealable stuff, most suppliers say 12 to 14 week wait time now for NIJ certified stuff. Safelite Defense says 4-6 weeks for level III+ comparable concealable.
- Clearly, stock up on food. Not because you think the world will stop, it will not. Rather, think about things being more expensive and more difficult to get and perhaps things being chaotic and you not wanting to go out. Buy staple food, don't waste money on buckets of storable food, and all that.
- Make a few Dollar Tree runs and stock up on stuff like toothpaste and such, for the same reasons at #5. You will use it regardless.
- BaoFeng UV-5R+/UV5R Plus Dual-Band 136-174/400-480 MHz FM Ham Two-Way Radio 2pcs. Get a multi-band radio for many reasons. You will thank me later, get the set of two (at least) for family use.
- Bundle of Belly Band + Ankle Holster + Mag Pouch, Neoprene Gun Holster Concealed Carry with Magazine Holster. If you do not carry daily now, you soon will. These are inexpensive, comfortable, and versatile. (you can buy a better rig for more money, but if you have nothing and are unwilling to spend the cash, this works well)
- HyFin Vent Chest Seal by North American Rescue. Put this in your medkit and learn to use it.
- Trauma Pak with QuikClot. Add this to medkit and learn to use it.
- 16,500 Non GMO Heirloom Vegetable Seeds Survival Garden 40 Variety Pack. Because you will have a backyard garden next year!
- Lumber and hardware (screws) - it can be cheap non-treated stuff, it can be 2x3's, but buy some extra lumber and have it on hand.
- A couple of cans of petroleum while getting in the habit of keeping all the tanks full. This is just smart regular practice.
- An extra propane tank or two fro the grill.
- (Should have been #1) Build high trust relationships. It is time to talk candidly with folks in your circle and figure out who has a clue, who can be clued in and who is lost. You cannot afford people that are unreliable, untrustworthy, selfish or otherwise bad or even intentionally confused.
- Develop and reinforce supporting relationships, folks outside of the high-trust circle that you can help and that can be of help to you and yours.
- (Controversial) I say if your church has been confused about what is truly Biblical and moral this year, you should find another, or if you cannot do that I would save up my tithes until this all settles down. 2020 has been the biggest crisis Christianity has faced in 500 years and most of the organized church has failed. Something better will follow, save God's money, and support that when it appears. Let those false preachers find real work and those false churches shut down. But keep the good part of the community. Start a home Bible study.
- I think it is implied, but be wise with your money. Things will get more expensive and historically when these things are over property taxes are horrible. Most of the 'old' families that own land in the South got it at tax auctions. Be smart don't lose it all in 2022. It is ok to forego some pleasure now, postpone or cancel a vacation, and all that. Buy things that are useful instead or pay off debt.
- (Maybe this ought to be #1) Stay away from trouble. Don't protest, don't wave flags and make yourself a target, don't try to out yell unstable people. We are past all of that. You will not convince anyone. Be smart when and where you show any political support.
- Keep your head on a swivel. There is too much video evidence of people getting sucker-punched from behind. Never assume anything about a strange encounter now. There is an odd spirit of violence in the air. Be aware and not naive. Keep your mouth shut, no need for a street fight over someone saying something offensive. Walk away, this is not the time for 'manning up' (but get out of the habit of turning your back to a sketchy person that is acting even slightly aggressive).
- When it gets weird, get gone. I don't care if you just ordered your food and just sat down. If an angry crowd shows up, be ready to leave.
- Don't think of a crowd in terms of what you would do or your morality. There are too many videos of these crowds turning increasingly violent on individuals for no apparent reason - avoid the crowd and if ever surrounded know how deadly it might be.
- Take time to get some situational awareness. Take walks in your neighborhood. Start to notice patterns. Speak and wave at people. Observe your neighbors, both to see patterns and oddities. Be vigilant.
- Go attend those meetings you stopped going to, VFW etc. Take time to reconnect with people local to you with common- interests and backgrounds.
- Don't be afraid. Historically, even in the worst-case examples, these things come to a conclusion. People suffer, others die but life goes on. It will get worse, don't fool yourself but for most this is manageable and survivable. How and if, really depends upon luck, divine protection, preparedness, and how smart you are in your actions.
Bonus - if you are a man, learn to throw a freaking punch. It is incredible the sissy-fighting on videos out there. Learn to throw a punch. It is much better than catfighting or shooting someone.
If and when this all blows up into a full-blown insurrection/revolution/civil war (whatever it becomes) don't assume that the violence will be evenly distributed everywhere. Clearly there will be areas of more and less violence. There has been something developing that ought to inform us of what this all might look like in 'regular' places. Outside of the riots, there has been an increase in just regular violence. I watched a video of a man attack three police officers because one of them placed a traffic citation on his parked car. In my little part of the world, there has been a marked increase in shootings, all unrelated and all seemingly random. It just appears people are becoming more violent. If this thing kicks off for real, this sort of violence - random, senseless, unconnected, ubiquitous - will increase everywhere.
Don't assume that just because where you live is less likely to be affected by mass violence that you will be unaffected. The US transportation network would not be hard to disrupt by enough people dedicated to making that happen. Everything you buy and eat comes in a truck! And shortages cause violence of another kind.
Don't assume because most of what you see on the streets seem to be transvestites, severely obese women with very bad attitudes and meth heads that there is nothing dangerous in these movements. Behind all of that, we can already detect elements that are much more dangerous. Based upon the level of funding that is obviously present to keep this rolling for almost four months, the degree of organization that must be present and the tell-tale signs that there are folks with military experience involved in some of their operations I do not discount the fact that what we have seen on the streets is really just cannon fodder.
Beyond that, in times of chaos gangs and organized and semi-organized crime operate more overtly. That is already a reality in some of the major cities, it would become more normal where you live as police forces struggled to contain events.
Don't assume that the government would be aligned toward a common goal of stopping this, no matter who wins the presidency. Somebody has funded and enabled this and ran propaganda cover for it. There are powerful forces at work. Much of the chaos to come will be the result of localities resiting Federal action, elements of the Federal government half-heartedly executing orders, and some elements likely actively opposing. The propaganda arm of the agitators will not just go away unless something draconian like a Lincoln shutting down newspapers occurs, and that would have positive and negative ramifications.
Bottom line - don't underestimate all of this.