Veteran’s Crisis Line – The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1.
I have only included organizations below I have dealt with personally
- The Mission Continues – The Mission Continues offers the opportunity for veterans and civilians to give back to their community, and become stronger citizens. It’s a collective effort that empowers veterans to serve in new ways, solve tough challenges and mobilize communities to serve alongside them.
- Team Rubicon – Team Rubicon’s primary mission is providing disaster relief to those affected by natural disasters, be they domestic or international. By pairing the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders, medical professionals, and technology solutions, Team Rubicon aims to provide the greatest service and impact possible.
- Team RWB – Team RWB’s mission is to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity. Physical Activity, Social Activity, Community Service.
- The American Legion – Service. Patriotism. Camraderie.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- The American Red Cross – Great organization, people and training and you would be amazed at the number of retired guys you find volunteering.
- Linkedin for Veterans – They will offer you a year of premium service, very useful in a job search. I recommend that you do not sign-up for the free offer no earlier than 60 days before you are available to work.
- Veteran Mentor Group on Linkedin – The purpose of the Veteran Mentor Network (group on LinkedIn) is to support, inspire, and inform military personnel, military spouses, and veterans, as they plan, establish, and strive to achieve life and career goals. The site has approximately 120K members, there is someone there that can probably answer any question or has some experience with almost anything you might be thinking of trying.
- Feds Hire Vets – OPM site that helps walk you through the complex Federal hiring process.
Training and Education
- Hire Our Heroes, Free Cybersecurity Training
- Onward to Opportunity/VCTP – Offers a wide-range of training, free, if you are retired, separated or within one year of transition (PMP, IT etc.)